MUMBAI - Shares of Wockhardt, one of the leading Indian pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, witnessed a sharp fall of 20% to Rs. 1,315 ($23.61) on the Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) on Thursday after the US FDA published an import alert on one of its three manufacturing facilities near Aurangabad. The import alert, 'detention without physical examination of drugs from firms which have ...
Actors Arjun Rampal and Irrfan, who play RAW agents in Nikhil Advani's forthcoming thriller "D-Day", trained with Hollywood stunt director Tom Struthers for real action sequences in the film. Arjun calls him the "backbone" of the movie. On the foreign front, Struthers has earlier choreographed action sequences for films like "Dark Knight" series, "Lara Croft" series, "Inception" and "Batman ...
Actor Abhishek Bachchan, an avid football fan, wishes that the Indian football team qualifies for the FIFA finals slated for 2014. The 2014 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to take place in Brazil June 12-July 13. As of now, only Brazil is the qualifier team for the finals. Abhishek believes the Indian team will be able to make it through with hard work and determination. "I am a big football fan ...
Gurunath Meiyappan, the chief of IPL franchise Chennai Super Kings and son-in-law of Indian cricket board president N. Srinivasan, is expected to appear before Mumbai police Friday evening. Meiyappan's advocate P.S.Raman will also be reaching Mumbai from here Friday evening. A source told IANS: "Meiyappan will be flying out of Madurai while Raman from Chennai." A team of Mumbai police led by ...
Bollywood megastar Amitabh Bachchan will narrate a part of the opening episode of forthcoming show "Bharat Ka Veer Putra - Maharana Pratap". The 70-year-old veteran has earlier lent his baritone to films like "Parineeta" and "Jodhaa Akbar". Based on brave Rajput ruler Maharana Pratap, the historical drama will go on air starting May 27 on Sony channel. -- Shweta wants 'Dhak dhak' lessons ...
Courage Under Fire [DVD]
The surface story of Courage Under Fire is about an Army colonel investigating the merits of the first woman ever considered for the Medal of Honor for combat. But the underlying and more important story is about that colonel's fight to come to peace with himself. ...
The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) Friday launched three Aadhaar-Enabled services to help citizens authenticate their identity online and announced opening of 300 more permanent enrolment centres. The services that were launched are eKYC (eKnow Your Customer) service, authentication service using Iris, and authentication service using one time pin (OTP). "This is a ...
There is more to the sizzling heat in Delhi than rising temperatures. Scientists have found unusually high levels of toxic ozone in the city in the past two weeks. Exposure to high levels of ozone induces adverse effects not only on health but damages vegetation and eco-systems, according to scientists. "Delhi's air is known to get polluted mainly due to the rise in particulate matters which ...
Costume designer Neerushaa, who has been designing for the television industry for the last 12 years, talks about lack of freedom as they have to "go though many people" and admits it is "much harder" to work for TV projects. "TV doesn't give you freedom. It is your aura and how you want to present yourself that matters. I have an image in the industry, so people understand that if I will ...
President Pranab Mukherjee Friday inaugurated a study centre-cum-museum dedicated to the life and works of Rabindranath Tagore at the Indian Institute of Advanced Study (IIAS) here. Delivering the first Rabindranath Tagore Memorial Lecture, Mukherjee said: "We must assimilate Tagore's belief that wealth is not a precondition of wisdom. "Tagore's ideal is a moral leadership that comes not from ...
Preity Zinta's debut production "Ishkq in Paris", which released this Friday, has managed to touch the hearts of film industry members like Shabana Azmi and Javed Akhtar. Preity was delighted with their presence at the movie's premiere. The premiere was held here Thursday night, and a bevy of movie celebrities made it there for Preity, who has acted in the romantic film as well. "I am very ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Australian model-actress Kristina Akheeva, to be seen as a British girl in the forthcoming comedy "Yamla Pagla Deewana 2" (YPD2), hopes she is not trapped in the image of a "foreign girl".
"I hope I don't get typecast as half foreign, half Indian. I want to play traditional type of roles and get myself into a character where I can practice my Indian mannerisms and think like an Indian girl from some village," Kristina told IANS.
Being fond of dancing, singing and acting from her childhood, Bollywood was the best option for her.
"I always imagined myself to be a famous singer, dancer and actress. Then I got to know about Bollywood. Bollywood films have all those aspects. Here I could act, dance and sing. The films were different from what I had grown up watching, but after a while I started to enjoy them," she said.
Kristina got her first Bollywood offer when she was here on a modelling contract last year.
"I was here in 2010 for modelling. I came back in 2012 and I had decided that I wanted to get into acting and that's when I got the Bollywood offer," she said.
She said she is open to doing southern films "as long as the script is good and I love the character".
As far as future plans are concerned, she hasn't signed on dotted lines yet. ...
- Two civilians among 13 dead in Pakistan car bomb
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Meeting of Syrian opposition leaders begins in Istanbul
- On US request Russian arms dealer held in Lithuania
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to Chinas Xi
- Gujarat Chief Minister Modi launches Ahmedabad edition of The Hindu Business Line
- Kerala district Congress condemns Hindu leaders
- Siblings continue ancestral tradition
- `No more harassment of innocent in tackling terror’
- I am impressed with The Hindu reports on WikiLeaks says Advani
- The Guardian to Consolidate Web Properties Under One Domain
- Sony to Sell $1.5 Billion in Corporate Bonds in Japan
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Time Warner Cable Pins Senior VP Stripes on Deborah Picciolo
- Cast aside sledgehammer politics
- Call for bridge-building among all
- Stop the accidents on MRR2 with road humps
- Salute to staff at Sg Buloh Hospital Ward 5c
- Risky to leave one’s MyKad unattended
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- Salesforce.com outlook disappoints shares dip
- Video game allows angry French workers to kill Lakshmi Mittal
- Russia blacklists biggest social network Vkontake
- Samsungs new ad portray men as stupid dirty slobs
- Crave giveaway Boombotix Boombot Rex portable speaker
- Cause of PC malaise Designs not compelling says Intel
- In risky new tack Microsoft stacks Surface against iPad
- Top apps to track severe weather
- Game over for used games How Xbox One and PS4 could gut gamers wallets
- Five Thai soldiers killed in attack
- Hamid Ansari greets nation ahead of Buddha Purnima
- Buddhism and its relevance to the modern world
- Digital reincarnation for Dunhuangs Buddhist art
- Busy week ahead in preparation for Wesak Day
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- Tom Struthers backbone of D-Day Arjun Rampal
- Abhishek Bachchan nurtures dream for Indian football team
- CSK chief Meiyappan to meet Mumbai police Friday
- Maharana Pratap to open with Big Bs voice