MUMBAI - Shares of Wockhardt, one of the leading Indian pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, witnessed a sharp fall of 20% to Rs. 1,315 ($23.61) on the Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) on Thursday after the US FDA published an import alert on one of its three manufacturing facilities near Aurangabad. The import alert, 'detention without physical examination of drugs from firms which have ...
His grandfather Raj Kapoor is adored in Russia, and now Ranbir Kapoor's forthcoming film "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani" is being lined up for release there in July. The movie is likely to hit screens in Russia July 4. Eros International will release the movie, as well as six other films in the country post the success of "Cocktail" there. The lot includes "Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara", "Rockstar", ...
Another bookie was arrested in the Indian Premier League IPL spot fixing scandal Friday from Hyderabad, Delhi Police sources said. Mohammad Ahya was arrested at the Hyderabad airport while trying to flee to Dubai, the sources said. "Other bookies revealed his name during interrogation. We will be bringing him to Delhi," a police official said. This takes the number of arrests in the IPL spot ...
A Indian scholar invited to a US conference has won his battle against British Airways in the top consumer forum, which has directed the airline to compensate him Rs.150,000 ($2,600) for his "mental agony and harassment". Complainant Rabindra Nath Pati was prevented from boarding a flight from Philadelphia on his way home despite holding a valid ticket, forcing him to overstay in the ...
TV actor Ravi Dubey may not be so romantic as a person, but he doesn't miss a chance to praise his actress-girlfriend Sargun Mehta who, he feels, is notches higher in maturity compared to him. "Sargun is younger than me, yet she is one of the most mature individuals I have come across in my life. I think she is very wise and mature," the 29-year-old actor told IANS. Ravi and Sarugn, 24, worked ...
Courage Under Fire [DVD]
The surface story of Courage Under Fire is about an Army colonel investigating the merits of the first woman ever considered for the Medal of Honor for combat. But the underlying and more important story is about that colonel's fight to come to peace with himself. ...
A 16-year-old 10th class girl student was raped by her neighbour here, police said Friday. The accused has been arrested. The incident was reported from east Delhi's Vivek Vihar area Thursday night and the accused was arrested late the same night. The accused has been identified as Arvind, 22, working in a private firm and residing in the ...
India and the US will find an "appropriate" way to decide on New Delhi's request for access to Mumbai attack plotter David Headley, US Undersecretary for Political Affairs Wendy Sherman said Friday. Sherman, who separately met External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid and Foreign Secretary Ranjan Mathai ahead of Secretary of State John Kerry's India visit, also said the US was hoping to welcome ...
Good luck to the UPA as it attempts to put a positive spin on its nine years in power. But let me insert here a word of caution about the manner in which its war on terror is causing the world's second largest Muslim population to be dangerously alienated from the state. I was in Lucknow when the custodial death of Khalid Mujahid caused deathly silence in my family which, sadly, has also begun ...
India's status as an observer at the eight-nation Arctic Council will give it a chance to understand the ice cap's climate, which impacts the Indian monsoon, along with the possibility of exploring the mineral-rich North Pole and shorter shipping routes for future business, a senior official said. "At the momment our interest is mainly from the science (of the region). But later, we could ...
President Pranab Mukherjee Friday expressed concern over repeated disruptions in parliament and state legislatures. Addressing members of the Himachal Pradesh assembly at its Golden Jubilee celebrations, Mukherjee appealed to leaders of political parties to discuss and find a solution to this problem. "Every legislator has got his job after begging people for their votes, and after gaining ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Australian model-actress Kristina Akheeva, to be seen as a British girl in the forthcoming comedy "Yamla Pagla Deewana 2" (YPD2), hopes she is not trapped in the image of a "foreign girl".
"I hope I don't get typecast as half foreign, half Indian. I want to play traditional type of roles and get myself into a character where I can practice my Indian mannerisms and think like an Indian girl from some village," Kristina told IANS.
Being fond of dancing, singing and acting from her childhood, Bollywood was the best option for her.
"I always imagined myself to be a famous singer, dancer and actress. Then I got to know about Bollywood. Bollywood films have all those aspects. Here I could act, dance and sing. The films were different from what I had grown up watching, but after a while I started to enjoy them," she said.
Kristina got her first Bollywood offer when she was here on a modelling contract last year.
"I was here in 2010 for modelling. I came back in 2012 and I had decided that I wanted to get into acting and that's when I got the Bollywood offer," she said.
She said she is open to doing southern films "as long as the script is good and I love the character".
As far as future plans are concerned, she hasn't signed on dotted lines yet. ...
- Two civilians among 13 dead in Pakistan car bomb
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Meeting of Syrian opposition leaders begins in Istanbul
- On US request Russian arms dealer held in Lithuania
- Foreign preacher takes rare turn on Vietnam stage
- Gujarat Chief Minister Modi launches Ahmedabad edition of The Hindu Business Line
- Kerala district Congress condemns Hindu leaders
- Devotees take holy dip at natural hot water spring in Badrinath
- Siblings continue ancestral tradition
- `No more harassment of innocent in tackling terror’
- Sony to Sell $1.5 Billion in Corporate Bonds in Japan
- Dwell Media Hires New Head of Digital from Yahoo
- Rapture-Palooza Star Anna Kendrick Is Addicted to Reddit
- Time Warner Cable Pins Senior VP Stripes on Deborah Picciolo
- Boy Scouts End Ban on Gay Members Hollywood Reacts
- Cast aside sledgehammer politics
- Call for bridge-building among all
- Stop the accidents on MRR2 with road humps
- Salute to staff at Sg Buloh Hospital Ward 5c
- Risky to leave one’s MyKad unattended
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- Taiwan cuts growth forecast on muted export demand
- Bharti Infotel threatens customer fined Rs 50000
- FCC hopes to avoid end of world for cell phones
- Apple No tax gimmick left behind
- Flexible solar cells and displays may be possible with transparent electrode
- Crave giveaway Boombotix Boombot Rex portable speaker
- Cause of PC malaise Designs not compelling says Intel
- In risky new tack Microsoft stacks Surface against iPad
- Top apps to track severe weather
- Hamid Ansari greets nation ahead of Buddha Purnima
- Buddhism and its relevance to the modern world
- Digital reincarnation for Dunhuangs Buddhist art
- Busy week ahead in preparation for Wesak Day
- Buddhas message of Dhamma made SL a blessed land - President
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani to release in Russia in July
- Another bookie arrested for IPL spot fixing
- British Airways to pay Rs.1.5 lakh compensation to passenger
- Sargun much wiser than me Ravi Dubey