Senior Bharatiya Janata Party leader Murli Manohar Joshi on Saturday lashed out at Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President N.Srinivasan saying he should resign. Johi said: "Srinivasan (President of Board of Control for Cricket in India) should resign. The allegations are pointed at him while his son-in-law is clearly involved in all this. Now if he continues to be stubborn, then ...
Former Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) President I.S. Bindra on Saturday demanded the immediate removal of a defiant N. Srinivasan due to the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL) spot-fixing row, calling him "arrogant" and insisting that his continuance would damage Indian cricket. "I have been keeping quiet on this issue but his statement that he will not step down, in Mumbai ...
The Board for Control of Cricket in India President N.Srinivasan has denied any knowedge of the involvement of his son in law,Gurunath Meiyappan in betting on IPL matches. Commenting on the arrest of Gurunath, he said whatever steps or action have been taken in case of anybody else, same will apply to him. "There will be no discrimination", he added. Srinivasan also claimed ignorance when ...
Parliamentary Affairs Minister Kamal Nath on Saturday said the Board of Cricket Control in India President N.Srinivasan has lost all his credibility and should resign. Demanding his resignation, Nath further said, "He allied with his family and executed match-fixing. Whatever has happened is sad and people have lost all trust from the game they love. The government is working on the entire ...
A defiant Board of Cricket Control in India president N. Srinivasan on Saturday said that he had done nothing wrong with regard to the Indian Premier League, and categorically refused to resign from his position. Srinivasan told media outside Mumbai Airport that: " I have done nothing wrong. I have no intention to resign. I cannot be bulldozed. This is all a political game and conspiracy. The ...
Sword of the Beast (Kedamono no ken) [DVD]
When we first meet Yuuki Gennosuke (Mikijiro Hira), the hero of Hideo Goshas Sword of the Beast (Kedamono no ken), he appears to be a simple criminal on the lam, hiding out in the dirt of a grassy field while his pursuers track him down. Yet, as we soon learn via ... ...
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president and India Cements owner N.Srinivasan has arrived in Mumbai to meet with his arrested son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan at around 6 p.m. on Saturday evening. According to television reports,Srinivasan's arrival in the city coincided with Meiyappan being produced before a local court well ahead of the earlier deadline of 3p.m. announced by the ...
Janata Party president and activist lawyer Subramanian Swamy on Saturday had a another take on the current spot fixing episode dogging the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL), saying that Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president N. Srinivasan should not be the only person asked to resign. Giving a political twist to the IPL episode, Swamy questioned as to why only ...
Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) president and India Cements owner N.Srinivasan is likely to meet his arrested son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan here around 6 p.m. on Saturday evening. According to television reports, Mumbai Crime Branch officials confirmed that Srinivasan had got in touch with their seniors on Saturday morning to seek permission to meet Meiyappan, who was arrested late ...
Outgoing South African coach Gary Kirsten has said that the absence of veteran player Jacques Kallis will leave a huge void in the squad, ahead of the upcoming ICC Champions Trophy. Kallis opted out of representing the Proteas in the last edition of the Champions Trophy due to personal reasons, but indicated he still wants to play in the 2015 Cricket World Cup in Australia and New Zealand, ...
Former Australian Football League (AFL) chief executive Adrian Anderson has said that Cricket Australia (CA) and state cricket associations needed a robust national approach to anti-corruption. Stating that one global betting exchange turns over a billion dollars a year on Australian cricket, Anderson, who is conducting a review of CA's integrity and disciplinary systems, estimated that 60 per ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Police say suspected Maoist rebels have attacked a convoy of cars carrying local leaders and supporters of India's ruling Congress party in eastern India, killing at least 16 people and wounding many others.
Suspected insurgents fired at the vehicles on Saturday in the Sukma area of Chhattisgarh state.
View Larger Map
Local reports say some senior party leaders were among those killed and it is feared that the extremists kidnapped one party leader (Nand Kumar Patel) and his son.
Congress Party president Sonia Gandhi condemned what she called an attack on India's democratic values.
The rebels have been fighting the central government for more than four decades, demanding land and jobs for tenant farmers and the poor.
- North Korea envoy hands over China's Xi a note of peace
- World becoming dangerous for refugees, warns Amnesty
- China Pakistan vow to deepen comprehensive strategic cooperation
- UN rights experts call for stronger protection of victims of caste-based discrimination
- Maoist rebels kill 17 in central India ambush
- Varanasi seminar to mull over condition of widows
- Children in Ranchi walk on fire to please Lord Shiva during Manda Festival
- Media face a daily threat of encroachment by judiciary N. Ram
- Press Club Mumbai lifetime achievement award for N. Ram
- Hindu marriage and Indian soap
- Claims of poison gas usage drastically raise Syrian civil war stakes
- German economy to pick up but fall well short of traditional pace
- Worlds tallest structure with down-to-earth purpose
- Magician of the aviation industry
- Not the way to treat senior citizens
- Indian software industry to see strong revenue growth PwC
- Why DOJ didnt need a super search warrant to snoop on Fox News e-mail
- News Corp. approves poison pill buyback before split
- Apple 1 breaks auction record goes for $671400
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668000
- Googles Schmidt Teens mistakes will never go away
- Does Bible Belt love porn as much as the godless do
- One of Apples first computers a functioning 1976 model auctioned off for $668000
- Haswell chip primer How Intel pinches power
- How to encrypt one volume on a drive in OS X
- President Vice President and Prime Minister greet nation on Buddha Purnima
- Alleged Chinese spy detained by police in Dharamsala
- Nepals Tibetan Refugees Struggle Under Chinas Shadow
- Day of joy for Buddhists
- Anapanasati Vipassana The basic Buddhist meditation
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Maoists Attack India Congress Party Convoy
- Maoists kill 16 in attack on Congress rally in Chhattisgarh
- Maoists attack Congress convoy two leaders killed Sonia condemns
- Sreesanths mother sister visit him in custody
- Aditya Singhal wins Indias Best Dramebaaz