England off-spinner James Tredwell has said that he is confident that England can win the ICC Champions Trophy tournament this year, which is the country's first 50-over tournament, nearly 40 years after the first one was staged here. Alastair Cook's side are two games away from landing the tournament, with Sunday's nail-biting win over New Zealand in Cardiff, in what was effectively a ...
Australia's trouble-plagued campaign of the ICC Champions Trophy had come to an end after they were defeated for 20 runs by Sri Lanka at The Oval on Monday. Sri Lanka, who needed a win to remain in the competition, rode on aggressive half-centuries from Mahela Jayawardene and Lahiru Thirimanne to score 253-8 after being sent in to bat, bowling out the Australians for 233 in 42.3 overs, ...
Australian batsman Adam Voges has said that David Warner will learn from his mistakes like he learnt the hard way that drinking and cricket need to be managed carefully. Voges said that the test for Warner is to learn from his mistake in Birmingham where he punched England player Joe Root, and show his teammates and fans that he's serious about making a change, Sydney Morning Herald reports. ...
Pakistan captain Misbahul Haq has expressed his disappointment over the team's performance in the ICC Champions Trophy. According to Daily Times, Haq said that he was disappointed with the team's performance adding that the weather too played a part in their loss, as it was difficult to get in and out so many times. Although bowling done by the team was fine, Haq pointed that the batting was ...
Former Pakistan cricket players expressed major disappointment over the team's dismal showing in the ICC Champions Trophy against archrival India. According to Daily Times, Former coach Mohsin Khan said that the team needed better coaching to tackle the long-standing batting problem adding that there was no strategy to tackle the batting slump. Khan who was replaced by former Australian ...
In Spartan, David Mamet takes his signature elliptical approach to the well-worn Tom Clancy-ish spy genre, deflating it of its emphasis on straightforward plot-point-to-plot-point narrative structure and refilling it with a politically charged undercurrent thats all too timely. As with so ... ...
Australian captain Michael Clarke has said it is time to move on from David Warner's indiscretion. Clarke said Warner's brawl with England cricketer Joe Root in a Birmingham bar will be his last indiscretion. Cricket Australia has suspended Warner for a month and fined 11,500 dollars as penalty for breaching its code of conduct. According to the Herald Sun, Clarke said after all that has ...
Reliance Games, a leading developer and publisher of mobile games globally and the official gaming partner of the International Cricket Council for the fourth consecutive year, has announced the launch of a 3D and a 2D mobile game for the ICC Champions Trophy 2013. Both the 3D and 2D mobile games allow fans to be a part of their favourite cricket team and step into the field to fight for the ...
Australia went down fighting in their campaign ending Champions Trophy loss to Sri Lanka, but ultimately their limp performance against England in the first match is to blame for one of their worst ever results at a world one-day tournament.Set a target of 254 to win after opting to field first, Australia needed to score at a challenging 8.7 runs an over and wrap up the chase in 29.1 overs in ...
Chris Adams was sacked as team director by Surrey yesterday after a dire start to the season. The first-team coach, Ian Salisbury, was also relieved of his duties with immediate ...
Thus, the likelihood is that Graeme Swann will miss his third match of the tournament when England play their semi-final. In his case, influential though he is, they have become almost sanguine when he is missing from their one-day side. The risk of playing him given the looming assignments is greater than the risk of not playing him. James Tredwell, his limited-overs understudy, has made that ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
The hotel is easy to locate although coming off Highway 405 South there is no indicattion that the Downtown exits ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
An apex body of realtors Tuesday reiterated its commitment to reforms in the realty sector and called upon the new Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation Minister, Girija Vyas, to continue the unfinished task of her predecessor.
The Confederation of Real Estate Developers Associations of India (CREDAI) has "taken up the realty reforms as a mission. We want the government to accord 'Industry Status' to the sector", CREDAI chairman Lalit Jain said here.
He urged the government to introduce four-fold reforms -- land, administration, banking and labour -- to enable India emerge as a housing surplus nation and also rein in prices of housing.
"More importantly, a single window system for all clearances will facilitate quick approvals and speedy execution of projects," Jain said, urging the new minister to issue suitable guidelines to all state to this effect.
He said the former housing and urban poverty alleviation minister Ajay Maken appreciated the realtors' issues and was agreeable on these issues to realise the government's mission of housing for all.
"We are confident that the new minister will continue to pursue issues like affordable housing with the concerned departments," said Jain while welcoming Girija Vyas's induction in the union cabinet Monday.
- Escalating civil war in Syria major focus of G8 summit
- US cool over North Korea's latest talks offer
- Junior Indian wrestlers win 17 medals at Asian championship
- Correction Singapore beauty blogger posts horrific results of facial gone wrong
- Obama says China getting tougher on N Korea
- Indian army says militants may attack Hindu pilgrimage in Kashmir
- Live India did NOT compromise to end standoff with China Lt Gen Parnaik
- Young Hindus embrace their heritage at Dharma Bee
- News with a difference promised by Al Jazeera in US avatar
- Yahoo reveals U.S. government requests for user data
- Online Movie Service Distrify Aims to Boost I Am Breathing Doc Rollout
- The Hollywood Reporter Announces Nine Hires Five Promotions
- Time Warner Wins Euro Backing for CME Voting Rights
- Bikers are Kings of the roads in Penang
- Combating corruption in Malaysia
- Enjoy Jakarta in Kuala Lumpur
- Man to watch in Indonesia
- Allow MPs to work without fear or favour
- Now an app that helps you confess your sins
- Batteries hold key to wearable device revolution
- AMD reveals details of Berlin and Seattle chips
- Kung Fu Panda beefs up Netflix
- Bits Blog The Latest to Disclose Government Requests Yahoo Reveals the Least
- Buddhist monks criticized in Thailand after being seen flying with luxury goods on private jet
- Buddhist monks indulging in lavish lifestyle spark nationwide outrage in Thailand
- VIDEO Monks caught using luxury items
- Thai monks warned over jet-set trip
- Monks behaving badly Buddhists warned over flashy gear
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- 58 dead over 58000 trapped as rains batter Uttarakhand UP
- India Seeks Co-operation With Argentina In United Nations Other Multilateral Forums
- Opposition Parties In India Downplay Countrys Latest Federal Cabinet Rejig Ahead Of Polls
- Independent Legislators Likely To Support Regional Party After It Parted Ways With Indias Main Opposition
- Heavy Monsoon Rains Wreak Havoc Causing Flash Floods In Northern India