Pakistan has been viewed as one of the most negative countries in the world in a new poll. The south Asian country was ranked after Israel, North Korea in terms of how they are viewed globally. This year's annual Country Ratings Poll for the BBC World Service found that 55 percent of respondents viewed Pakistan as a negative country as compared to only 15 percent who had a mainly positive ...
Islamabad, May 23: (ANI): Drone strikes in Pakistan have fallen sharply since their peak in 2010, perhaps in response to increasing scrutiny of the programme by the US Congress and the American public, according to a media report. This comes just ahead of President Barack Obama's long-awaited address on drones at Washington's National Defence University on Thursday. Bruce Riedel, a former CIA ...
Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh on Thursday said India is well positioned to become a net security provider in the South Asian region and beyond. Laying the foundation stone of National Defence University here, Dr. Singh said: "Our defence cooperation has grown, and today, we have unprecedented access to high technology, capital and partnerships. We have also sought to assume our ...
Dutch football head coach Louis van Gaal has named four debutants in the squad for the friendlies in Indonesia and China in June. Heracles Almelo midfielder Lerin Duarte, Feyenoord leftback Miquel Nelom, Swansea City defender Dwight Tiendalli and FC Utrecht midfielder Jens Toornstra were included in the squad Wednesday, reports Xinhua. Ajax reserve goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen, who is yet to ...
Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) chief Nawaz Sharif has said that his government will continue the policy of reconciliation initiated by former premier Benazir Bhutto. Sharif, who was addressing the media after a meeting with President Asif Ali Zardari, said it is time for the political leadership and state institutions to join hands to overcome the challenges being faced by the country. ...
Like his stunning feature debut, 2000s Amores perros, Alejandro Gonzlez Irritus English-language debut, 21 Grams, brings together the lives of a disparate group of people after a car accident. Again written by Guillermo Arriaga, some might see 21 Grams as a disappointing follow-up, considering how closely it mirrors its predecessor in terms of both narrative and theme. ...
US ambassador to Pakistan, Richard Olson has said that holding talks with the Taliban is a prerogative of the Pakistani government. Olson said any reservations regarding these proposed talks will depend on terms and conditions of the dialogue with Taliban, reports the Daily Times. Olson termed the recent general elections as great success of the nation in which democratic forces emerged as ...
WHITE HOUSE The Obama administration on Wednesday formally acknowledged the killing of four Americans in drone strikes. This came on the eve of a speech by President Barack Obama about the legal principles supporting use of drones against terrorist suspects, and about detention policies. The use of drone warfare and targeted killings, including of Americans helping al-Qaida or ...
Ominous ties are emerging between skyrocketing sectarian violence in Iraq and Syria's civil war. Analysts say al-Qaida-linked militants are flowing back and forth from both countries and are seeking to use religious differences to bring down the government, not only in Damascus, but also in Baghdad. Iraqis are witnessing the worst violence to rock their country in five years. Bombings ...
ADDIS ABABA -- As the African Union celebrates the 50th anniversary of its founding, a group of respected leaders and activists led by former U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan is urging African leaders to maximize the continent’s natural resource potential. The African Progress Panel ...
South Sudan President Salva Kiir (L) meets his Kenyan counterpart Uhuru Kenyatta, who is on his first visit to the region as head of state, in Juba, South Sudan, May 23, ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Thistle Charing Cross
I had stayed at this hotel once before, some years previous, so was looking forward to a new review. The ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
MUMBAI - Shares of Wockhardt, one of the leading Indian pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, witnessed a sharp fall of 20% to Rs. 1,315 ($23.61) on the Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) on Thursday after the US FDA published an import alert on one of its three manufacturing facilities near Aurangabad.
The import alert, 'detention without physical examination of drugs from firms which have not met drug GMPs', is issued when an U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) inspection has revealed that a firm is not operating in conformity with current good manufacturing practises (GMP's), FDA said on its website.
The Import alert follows FDA raising observations/queries related to Wockhardt's injectable block
FDA's decision can impact Wockhardt's sales by over $100 million if the import alert is for its entire Export Oriented Units (EoU).
"The USFDA has put an import alert on one of our facilities, at Waluj, near Aurangabad. We estimate that it would impact our business by $100 million on an annualised basis," Wockhardt Chairman Habil Khorakiwala told news agency PTI.
He added that till the time USFDA lifts the import alert, the company would not be able to export products to the US market from the facility, which produces injectables as well as solid dosages. ...
- Two civilians among 13 dead in Pakistan car bomb
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Meeting of Syrian opposition leaders begins in Istanbul
- India positioned to become net security provider in immediate region and beyond PM
- Microsoft expands Windows Azure in Asia Pacific
- Kerala district Congress condemns Hindu leaders
- Devotees take holy dip at natural hot water spring in Badrinath
- I am impressed with The Hindu reports on WikiLeaks says Advani
- Nonreligious mother talks about respect for familys faith
- 2006 Malegaon blasts Aseemanand Sadhvi Pragya’s names missing from NIA chargesheet
- Facebook users share 1 billion stories through outside apps
- American Express CDC Take Home Top GoodWorks Effie Awards
- Google surfaces your photos in search
- Rewind Young Brad Pitt Stars in 1991 Levis Ad Pantless and in the Desert
- Search is on for lost first draft of first Web page
- Taxi pricing should serve public needs
- Close gap in mental illness
- Quality schools hold the key to good education
- Strength in our difference
- A tale of two schools
- Pandora posts in-line 1Q loss upbeat sales
- Google faces new federal antitrust probe source
- Open source development surges for Android and surprisingly iOS
- Lambda Labs readying Google Glass face-recognition API
- Twitter attempts to beef up security
- Flexible solar cells and displays may be possible with transparent electrode
- Meet the 23-ton X-Wing the worlds largest Lego model
- New Kinect for Windows to Improve Human Interaction with Computers
- EU plans $6.4 billion effort to boost chip manufacturing
- Pad this Apple Microsoft blasts iPad yet again in new ad
- Tibetan rights groups criticise China over monks five-year jail term
- Dalai Lamas website to go Hindi
- City hosts Buddhist items expo
- Travel news Enjoy the new Shangri-La Bosphorus or a cool early summer in Tibet
- Yarlung Zangbo Grand Canyon in Chinas Tibet
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- Chandila got Rs.12 lakh for spot fixing in 2012 IPL Police
- Kerala welcomes classical language status for Malayalam
- Bengal to acquire closed Saradha TV channels Left opposes
- AIDS programme gets Rs.2550 crore