WASHINGTON - Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation Friday announced the planned separation of the $76-billion conglomerate into two distinct publicly traded companies, with one to be renamed 21st Century Fox and the publishing firm to retain the News Corp brand. The split has been formally approved by the Board of Directors. The Company announced appointments to the Boards of Directors of both ...
BEIJING - Chinese regulators Friday announced that they have signed a memorandum of understanding with their US counterparts giving American authorities increased access to documents from Chinese audit firms. The signing of the MOU between China Securities Regulatory Commission (CSRC), the Ministry of Finance (MOF) and the US Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) is a significant ...
ZAGREB/LONDON - Croatia, soon to become the 28th member of the European Union,- is looking to undiscovered oil and gas fields in the Adriatic Sea to revive its ailing economy, according to the country's president. Ivo Josipovic told CNN that Croatia is searching for partners in the energy sector to help reveal oil and gas "green fields" in the waters that separate the Balkan nations and ...
WASHINGTON - Amazon, the largest online retailer of books, movies, music and games, Friday offered its Kindle e-book platform to fan fiction authors to sell some of their work. Fan fiction is literature inspired by popular books, shows, movies, comics, music, and games. Publication outside of blogs and online fanzines is often difficult because of copyright issues. Amazon Publishing has ...
BEIJING - China is planning to steadily push forward market-oriented reform in its interest rates and exchange rates mechanisms this year as part of the financial sector reforms to better serve the real economy, a central bank report said on Friday. The "China Financial Stability Report (2013) released by the People's Bank of China stressed that it would be steadily promoting the interest ...
Dead Man Walking
"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in Mankind." -- John Donne And so feel most opponents of the death penalty, including Tim Robbins, the writer-director of "Dead Man Walking," one of the first films to openly tackle this issue. But you wouldn't know Robbins' politics from watching the film because he does the audience the service of not preaching h ... ...
LONDON - In a critique of the United Kingdom's austerity programme, the International Monetary Fund Wednesday urged the Europe's third largest economy to rebalance the policy to make the transition to a high-investment and more export-oriented economy. "The UK could boost growth by bringing forward measures already included in its fiscal plan, such as spending on infrastructure and job ...
USA Contributor Regina Lewis breaks down the week's "3 Big Money Headlines" with MSNBC's Alex Witt. She explains why fewer people are hitting the road this Memorial Day weekend. Lewis reports the good news from the housing market and the importance of smart inventory. She reveals why the prices of Pabst Blue Ribbon ...
The rise of Ukip is having unexpected consequences for Britain's countryside. Farmers fear that the political upstart's success has the government running scared on immigration, with the result that foreign workers could soon be absent from Britain's fields."We can see there's a toxic mix brewing," says Alastair Brooks, who employs 200 temporary foreign workers to ...
Microsoft promises the Xbox One will be more than just a game console, but a "living room" with a TV tuner and cable box. Users will be able to switch between watching TV and gaming instantly through the Kinect ...
WPP, the world's biggest marketing services group, is poised to escape a repeat of last year's shareholder revolt despite paying its chief executive more than 17m in 2012. Sky News understands that two key shareholder advisory bodies have decided not to oppose WPP's remuneration report ahead of the company's annual meeting on June 12. Their decisions follow a sharp ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
I caught a cab from the Belfast International Airport, and within about 10 or 15 minutes was at the Hilton ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
An over 100-strong group of Maoists Saturday attacked a Congress party convoy, carrying out a landmine blast and then opening fire, resulting in the death of 16 people, including two senior Congress leaders and injuries to 25 others.
Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi condemned the incident, which took place in Sukma district around 5.15 p.m. when the leaders were returning to Jagdalpur after holding a parivartan rally. The state is headed for assembly elections later this year.
Senior Congress leader and former leader of opposition Mahendra Karma and former legislator Uday Mudaliar were killed in firing by Maoists that followed a landmine blast on their convoy.
According to reports, the two had come out of their vehicles following the gunfight to surrender before the rebels but were shot dead.
The convoy of Congress party's parivartan yatra was targeted near Darbha forest in Jagdalpur, about 340 km south of Raipur.
State Congress chief Nand Kumar Patel and his newly-married son Dinesh Patel were kidnapped by the Maoists.
Senior Congress leader and former union minister V.C. Shukla was injured in the shooting and has been hospitalised.
Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Raman Singh told reporters that at least 16 people, including many policemen, were killed in the attack. ...
- North Korea envoy hands over China's Xi a note of peace
- World becoming dangerous for refugees, warns Amnesty
- China Pakistan vow to deepen comprehensive strategic cooperation
- UN rights experts call for stronger protection of victims of caste-based discrimination
- Suspected rebels kill 2 wound several in India
- Varanasi seminar to mull over condition of widows
- Children in Ranchi walk on fire to please Lord Shiva during Manda Festival
- Media face a daily threat of encroachment by judiciary N. Ram
- Press Club Mumbai lifetime achievement award for N. Ram
- Hindu marriage and Indian soap
- Claims of poison gas usage drastically raise Syrian civil war stakes
- German economy to pick up but fall well short of traditional pace
- Worlds tallest structure with down-to-earth purpose
- Magician of the aviation industry
- Not the way to treat senior citizens
- Indian software industry to see strong revenue growth PwC
- News Corp. approves poison pill buyback before split
- Apple 1 breaks auction record goes for $671400
- Vintage Apple computer auctioned off for $668000
- Bits Blog Vintage Apple-1 Sells for Record $671400
- Googles Schmidt Teens mistakes will never go away
- Does Bible Belt love porn as much as the godless do
- One of Apples first computers a functioning 1976 model auctioned off for $668000
- Haswell chip primer How Intel pinches power
- How to encrypt one volume on a drive in OS X
- President Vice President and Prime Minister greet nation on Buddha Purnima
- Alleged Chinese spy detained by police in Dharamsala
- Nepals Tibetan Refugees Struggle Under Chinas Shadow
- Day of joy for Buddhists
- Anapanasati Vipassana The basic Buddhist meditation
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Maoists kill 16 in attack on Congress rally in Chhattisgarh
- Maoists attack Congress convoy two leaders killed Sonia condemns
- Sreesanths mother sister visit him in custody
- Aditya Singhal wins Indias Best Dramebaaz
- IPL betting gang busted in Varanasi