baffled even core developers for the virtual currency. Who is Satoshi Nakamoto, the pseudonym for the person or group of people who came up with the original idea for the electronic cash system in 2008? After contributing thousands of lines of code and hundreds of posts on Bitcoin, Nakamoto sent a note to a developer in April 2011 saying that he had "moved on to other things." Later ...
A new report from the state Department of Revenue shows that online commerce is a big boon for the Whatcom County towns of Blaine and Sumas on the Canadian ...
The company apologized after an Instability forced it to take the preview version of a synchronization tool offline earlier than expected. The service syncs files on mobile devices, the Web, and ...
(Credit: Hewlett-Packard) Hewlett-Packard rolled out another Android device this week. This could become a pattern as PC makers hedge against a world that's less about Microsoft and more about Google. On Tuesday, the largest PC maker in the world -- a dubious distinction these days ...
MacConnection , stock has vanished for the popular 13.3-inch Air with a 1.8GHz processor and 256GB solid-state drive. That said, Best Buy has stock, but it's the "only reseller on ...
Luis Buuels Palme dOr-winning Viridiana is famous for many reasons, particularly for its sharp-witted critique of Catholic piety running aground on the ugly shores of humanity, which reaches a climax involving an iconic visual mockery of Da Vincis The Last Supper, all of which ... ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Crowne Plaza, Los Angeles International Airport
I needed a hotel overnight near LAX and decided on the Crowne Plaza, a 4 star recently-renovated business class hotel ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
KABUL Afghan President Hamid Karzai plans to discuss potential arms deals with Indian officials during a trip to New Delhi this week, officials said, at a time when tensions are running high on Afghanistan's disputed border with Pakistan.
Kabul's overtures to New Delhi are likely to rile Islamabad where a new government led by two-time prime minister Nawaz Sharif is set to take office soon, promising improved ties with India.
Pakistan has long resisted Indian involvement in Afghanistan, seeing it as a plan to encircle it, and any fresh wrangling between the rivals would add to Afghanistan's problems as the Western military withdrawal draws near.
Karzai's spokesman Aimal Faizi said the Afghan leader would discuss in New Delhi the flare-up on the Durand Line, the colonial-era border between Afghanistan and Pakistan, in addition to ways to strengthen Afghan security institutions.
"Afghanistan has already agreed and signed a strategic pact with India and based on that agreement, India assists Afghanistan on several grounds, including the military sector," Faizi said.
"In order to strengthen Afghan security forces, we will ask India to help us with military needs and shortages," he said. ...
- Pakistani toll in Siachen avalanche rises to 128
- Sarabjit death probe Pakistani official may visit India
- Asia to Lock in Gains From US Lead
- Thailand Rebels Target Children in Southern Conflict
- US diplomat in spy row leaves Russia Report
- Hindus living dangerously in Balochistan
- Hindu temples Bollywood and a Yemeni citys India ties
- Legislation necessary to curb religious discrimination ensure minority rights in Pak
- Hindu immigrants to U.S. doubled in last decade reveals survey
- No Maoists were present when forces opened fire say villagers
- Computer visionary says he knows who invented Bitcoin
- Yahoo Board Unfazed by Tumblr Porn Approves $1.1B Acquisition
- Upfront Brings New Scheduling Strategy for Broadcast Nets
- Google Americas third political party
- Twitter will damn your soul Saudi cleric says
- Sino-Indian ties transcend media hype
- Bring back English schools
- All eyes on Najib’s new Cabinet
- No bridge over troubled waters
- Surgery needs pause for thought
- Financial paper hacked by Syrians
- Hackers target important Saudi websites
- Adobe unplugs Creative Cloud sync tool during transition
- Yahoos board approves $1.1 billion Tumblr acquisition WSJ
- Disruptions Disruptions Robots as Home Health Care Aides for the Elderly
- Buddhist site blends recreation education and spiritual tranquility
- 15000 hear Dalai Lama speak in Louisville
- Dalai Lama begins visit to Louisville
- China ‘crushing’ Tibetan dissident groups in Nepal
- The birth of Buddhism
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Karzai Seeks Indian Military Aid Amid Tensions with Pakistan
- IPL Scoreboard Sunrisers Hyderabad vs Knight Riders
- Frenzied fans celebrate Sunrisers win
- Sunrisers beat KKR storm into IPL play-offs
- Sunrisers beat Knight Riders by 5 wickets qualify for playoffs