WASHINGTON - Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation Friday announced the planned separation of the $76-billion conglomerate into two distinct publicly traded companies, with one to be renamed 21st Century Fox and the publishing firm to retain the News Corp brand. The split has been formally approved by the Board of Directors. The Company announced appointments to the Boards of Directors of both ...
WASHINGTON - Amazon, the largest online retailer of books, movies, music and games, Friday offered its Kindle e-book platform to fan fiction authors to sell some of their work. Fan fiction is literature inspired by popular books, shows, movies, comics, music, and games. Publication outside of blogs and online fanzines is often difficult because of copyright issues. Amazon Publishing has ...
Labor The union added that it would "vigorously respond in the appropriate forum in due course." The suit was reportedly filed by former SAG president Ed Asner and others. Counsel for the plaintiffs did not respond to a message left Friday afternoon. Foreign levies (also called foreign royalties) result from sums that collection societies in certain countries collect based on various ...
LOS ANGELES | Fri May 24, 2013 5:34pm EDT LOS ANGELES May 24 (Reuters) - Longtime Fox television executive Mike Darnell, who helped shepherd "American Idol" to the top of U.S. TV ratings, will leave the network, Fox said on Friday, after the network lost its lead among the younger audience most appealing to advertisers. Darnell, 51, the network's president of alternative ...
Keynote: NBC Universal Exec VP Lauren Zalaznick in conversation with Media REDefined’s Jason Hirschhorn (also a former exec at MySpace and ...
Umberto D. [DVD]
Film scholar and critic Andr Bazin captured perfectly the essence of Italian neorealism when he described it as an ideal synthesis between the rigor of tragic necessity and the accidental fluidity of everyday reality. Ironically, he wrote these words in response to a screening at the 1952 Cannes Film Festival of Vittorio De Sicas Umberto D., which most historians date as the last neorealis ... ...
(Credit: Getty Images) We missed the official anniversary by a couple of days -- mark the calendar for May 22 -- but let's not close the week without taking a moment to mark Pac-Man's remarkable status as a cultural icon. In the 33 years since the game's creator, Toru Iwatani, saw his invention make it into the market for the first time, Pac-Man has become a reference point ...
Yahoo CEO Meets Hulu Execs, Explores Possible Bid (Report) KKR & Co. and Silver Lake Management in partnership with William Morris Endeavor Entertainment have submitted bids for ...
(Credit: University of Lincoln) It's always good to stop and smell the roses, but sometimes you have to tweet to access them. At least that's how it works with an interactive Internet-connected garden created by the ...
AllThingsD . Yahoo joins others such as Directv, Time Warner Cable, and The Chernin Group in making a play for Hulu, which is jointly owned by Walt Disney, News Corp., and Comcast. Guggenheim Digital, headed by former interim Yahoo CEO Ross Levinsohn, is also in the mix. The Internet titan's interest in Hulu closely follows ...
(Credit: Google) Google's bid to connect everyone to the Internet may have it entering the wireless service business. The company is looking at building cellular networks and offering service to emerging markets such as sub-Saharan Africa and Southeast Asia, according ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
Crowne Plaza Hotel, Coogee, Sydney
This 4.5 star hotel is one of our favourites. Overlooking Coogee Beach and just a 15 minute drive from the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Bollywood actor Ranbir Kapoor asserts that he "completely" supports his home team Mumbai Indians in the sixth edition of Indian Premier League.
"I am completely supporting Mumbai Indians," Kapoor told a television channel while promoting his forthcoming film "Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani".
Directed by Ayan Mukerji, the movie, coming out May 31, is produced by Dharma Productions and stars Ranbir's former girlfriend Deepika Padukone along with Kalki Koechlin and Aditya Roy Kapur.
The disco track "Badtameez Dil" that sees Kapoor grooving with pelvic thrusts has topped charts across the country and is already a hit among youngsters.
"In my case, I didn't get to dance in the last two years... in 'Rockstarr' I was a singer, and in 'Barfi!' I was of course deaf and mute. So I completely went out and expressed my dancing in this film," said Kapoor.
-- Indo Asian News Service
- North Korea envoy hands over China's Xi a note of peace
- World becoming dangerous for refugees, warns Amnesty
- UN rights experts call for stronger protection of victims of caste-based discrimination
- China clears Boeing 787s for commercial service
- Radical preacher claims to know Woolwich attacker
- Gujarat Chief Minister Modi launches Ahmedabad edition of The Hindu Business Line
- Hindu marriage and Indian soap
- Over 2000 students throng The Hindu Education Plus Fair
- Exhibition places spotlight on Hinduism
- Hindus laud UEFA for new sanctions on football racism
- Magician of the aviation industry
- Not the way to treat senior citizens
- China-US Commerce through politics
- Taiwanese Filipinos Ditch your egos
- Keeping the peace in Africa The challenge of budgets bureaucracy
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- Haswell chip primer How Intel pinches power
- Crave Ep. 122 When the moon hits your 3D-printed pizza pie
- HTC One Google edition Its real and coming in summer
- Bidder buys $1.5 million space date with Leonardo DiCaprio
- President Vice President and Prime Minister greet nation on Buddha Purnima
- Alleged Chinese spy detained by police in Dharamsala
- Nepals Tibetan Refugees Struggle Under Chinas Shadow
- Five Thai soldiers killed in attack
- Hamid Ansari greets nation ahead of Buddha Purnima
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- BSF arrests Pak woman in Samba District of Jammu and Kashmir
- PM asks SEBI to take steps to eliminate stock market insider trading
- BCCI president Srinivasan says wont resign arrested son-in-law Meiyappan to be produced before court
- Completely support Mumbai Indians says Ranbir
- Pleasure to lead Rajasthan Royals Rahul Dravid