NEW DELHI - India and China Monday played down a recent border stand-off and agreed to maintain peace along their disputed boundary as well as boost economic relations. Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang, who decided to make India the first stop of his maiden foreign jaunt as premier, stressed that the population of the two nations comprised one third of the world. Both countries have ...
The Delhi High Court Tuesday granted six weeks' interim bail to former Haryana chief minister Om Prakash Chautala, sentenced to 10 years in jail for irregularities in appointment of teachers in 2000, for pacemaker implant surgery at Gurgaon's Medanta Hospital. Justice Siddharth Mridul granted conditional interim bail to Chautala and asked him to go to Medanta Hospital within 24 hours of his ...
Attending his first meeting of the BJP's parliamentary board after being re-inducted in the central team, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Tuesday suggested using social media to reach out to the youth. "Modi suggested how social media can be used as a tool to reach out to the young people," Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader Ananth Kumar told reporters after the meet. Modi also said the ...
India and Switzerland have firmed up their cooperation in healthcare and would soon ink an agreement on cooperation on non-communicable diseases, Health Minister Ghulam Nabi Azad Tuesday said. Azad held discussions with Swiss Health Minister Alain Berset at a bilateral meeting on the sidelines of the World Health Assembly in Geneva Monday. Azad said that in the continuum of strong Indo-Swiss ...
Chinese Premier Li Keqiang offered New Delhi a "handshake across the Himalayas" and said the world's two most populous nations could become a new engine for the global economy if they could avoid friction on the militarised border. "What we need is a handshake across the Himalayas, what we need is to stand at a higher level to have a birds-eye view of our relations. I am convinced that as long ...
You Don't Mess With the Zohan
You have to give Adam Sandler some credit: He is trying new things and working to expand his particular brand of juvenile comedy, albeit not always successfully. Last summer he tried playing a hypersexualized lothario who pretends to be gay to help his best friend keep his wor ... ...
After twice failing to get the nod from the International Olympic Committee, the squash world is hoping that the IOC, at its meeeting in St. Petersburg on May 29, will shortlist the racquet sport for the 2020 Games. The final call on the one available spot will take place at the full IOC session in Argentina in September. Karate and wrestling are also expected to make the shortlist, with ...
The city-based Jain Group is planning to build affordable housing projects across four east Indian cities, covering five million square feet of space at an investment of about Rs.2,000 crore by 2014-end. The real estate firm is currently developing eight projects in Kolkata, Durgapur, and Siliguri in West Bengal and Bhubaneswar in Odisha. It has recently launched a residential project, ...
While refusing to ban the remaining IPL matches, the Supreme Court Tuesday slammed the BCCI, saying spot fixing incidents had taken place due to its lackadaisical approach in reining in the erring players. An apex court bench of Justices B.S. Chauhan and Dipak Misra said that it was incumbent upon the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to maintain and sustain the reputation of the ...
Under attack from the opposition over corruption and lack of governance, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh will present the fourth and last report card of the UPA-II government May 22, sources said Tuesday. The report will list the achievements of the government on its fourth anniversary May 22. Later Wednesday, the prime minister will host dinner for the allies and supporting parties, said the ...
Tamil Nadu Governor K. Rosaiah administered an anti-terrorism pledge to employees at Raj Bhavan here while paying floral tributes to former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi on his 22nd death anniversary Tuesday. At the state Congress headquarters here, Tamil Nadu Congress chief B.S. Gnanadesikan and other party leaders paid floral tributes to Rajiv Gandhi. Congress members garlanded Rajiv Gandhi's ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
The Telugu film industry has no links with the IPL spot-fixing scandal, the Telugu film producers council has said.
The council Tuesday denied reports that a Telugu film producer had links with the scandal which rocked the ongoing Indian Premier League (IPL).
Council executive committee member T. Bharadwaj clarified that Tollywood, as the Telugu film industry is known, has no casting director.
He said if any producer was found to have any links with those involved in the scandal, the council would take serious action.
His clarification came amid report that a Telugu director has links with cricketer S. Sreesanth, who along with two other players of the Rajasthan Royals team and several bookies, was arrested by Delhi Police last week.
The director reportedly sent pictures of some actresses and models to Sreesanth, whose company S36 was planning to produce movies.
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- China accepts there are some problems with India but wants to resolve all issues peacefully
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang meets Salman Khurshid
- Kerala BJP not allying with Hindu groups BJP
- Hindu board in Malaysia files complaint over missing gold
- Hindu Groups Lash Out at Selena Gomezs Bindi at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gold bars missing from office of Hindu Endowment Board
- Study finds rise in Muslim Hindu immigrants to U.S.
- Customers not as happy with iPhone as they were last year
- Uganda Police Shut Newspapers Radio Stations Over Political Controversy
- Flickrs 1TB for photos is great but how about a smart shoebox
- One of the Few in Hollywood Who Can Say ‘No’ to Harvey Weinstein
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- The best ways to national unity
- Leadership and nation building
- A tale of two Islamist parties
- A lose-lose situation indeed
- No real efforts to nab the culprits
- See how your smartphone can help you stay fit
- Irish govt Dont blame us for low Apple tax rate
- Microsofts next-gen Xbox all set for debut
- Apple denies using tax gimmicks
- Yahoo CEO promises not to ruin Tumblr
- Dalai Lama to spread message to students
- Burma Muslims jailed for killing Buddhist monk
- Myanmar Buddhist monks killers jailed
- Tibetan leader of Bon religion to visit Pittsburgh
- US senators approve 5000 visas for Tibet refugees
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Court grants Chautala interim bail for heart surgery
- Use social media to reach out to youth Modi
- Indo-Swiss agreement on health care
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang calls for a handshake across Himalayas