MUMBAI - The UK based Standard Chartered (StanChart) Monday announced plans to acquire the Indian private wealth management business of US multinational financial services firm Morgan Stanley for an undisclosed amount as part of plans to expand operations. The acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals. "Standard Chartered India has agreed to acquire Morgan Stanley's onshore private ...
TOKYO, May 21 (Reuters) - Japan's Nikkei share average eased from a 5-1/2-year high on Tuesday as Wall Street ended flat and the dollar slipped against the yen on caution before U.S. Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke's testimony. The Nikkei fell 0.6 percent to 15,269.85, while the broader Topix index dipped 0.2 percent to ...
Sensex down 0.3%; closes above 20k Investors book profits in rate-sensitive stocks, while drugmakers hit by worries about the country's new drug pricing ...
* Silver hits Sept 2010 low before rebounding * Gold also shoots up from 1-month low and 7 days of losses * Investors await Fed chairman's testimony on Wednesday (Updates with U.S. session, adds trader comments, NEW YORK dateline, byline) By Barani Krishnan and Clara Denina NEW YORK/LONDON, May 20 (Reuters) - Gold and silver prices gained about two percent on Monday after a ...
Mon May 20, 2013 2:50pm EDT (Reuters) - Softbank Corp (9984.T) is seeking to raise about 400 billion yen ($3.90 billion) through a sale of retail bonds to finance its bid for No.3 U.S. mobile phone carrier Sprint Nextel Corp (S.N), the Nikkei reported. The proceeds from the offering, which is expected to be launched as early as next month, will also be used for redeeming existing bonds, the ...
Walk the Line
From a distance, Walk the Line, which traces the life of country/rock legend Johnny Cash, is a standard-issue biopic that follows a tried-and-true formula about a deprived rural kid who finds his voice and makes it to the top of the music industry, battling drugs and inner demon ... ...
Spurred by regulatory encouragement, China's A-share companies plan to issue historic cash dividend payouts despite last year's general slowdown in net profit growth.So far, a total of 1,807 listed companies have outlined dividend plans in their recently-issued 2012 annual financial reports which will see them dispense a record 629.78 billion yuan ($102.59 billion) in cash rewards to ...
China's money rates rose Monday, with the key seven-day money rate jumping to a more than three-week high due to demand for funds as companies meet tax payments, dealers said. The weighted average of the benchmark seven-day repo jumped 64 basis points (bps) to 4.34 percent by early afternoon, from 3.70 percent Friday.The 14-day rate surged 68 bps from Friday's 3.64 percent, and the ...
"Asian Convenience Store Market Outlook 2015" report to their offering. The modern retail outlets replacing the traditional unorganized retail outlets in various countries, have led to the widespread popularity of the convenience stores in the Asian market. The Asian convenience store industry has grown rapidly over the past few years, with consumers' lifestyle heading ...
Asian stocks rose on Monday, extending a two-week rally, as an upbeat reading on U.S. consumer confidence bolstered optimism about the economic recovery in the world's ...
China's official media, in its extensive coverage of Chinese Premier Li Keqiang's Indian visit, sought to play down the Asian neighbors' border disputes. Li, who made India the first stop on his first foreign tour since becoming the China's No. 2 leader, arrived in New Delhi Sunday on a three-day trip. The visit comes after last month's tense situation resulting from a ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
The Hawaii Prince Hotel
I took a cab from downtown Waikiki to the Hawaii Prince Hotel. It was only a few minutes, and cost ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
NEW DELHI - India and China Monday played down a recent border stand-off and agreed to maintain peace along their disputed boundary as well as boost economic relations.
Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang, who decided to make India the first stop of his maiden foreign jaunt as premier, stressed that the population of the two nations comprised one third of the world.
Both countries have seen friction over their border also called the Line of Actual control as they vie for regional influence and in the hunt for energy resources.
The three-day visit is part of an outreach mission by the new Chinese leadership to large emerging economies aimed at balancing Beijing's fraught ties with the United States.
"We don't deny there are problems between the two sides," Premier Li said. "We need to improve border related mechanisms and make them more efficient," he added.
"Both the prime minister and I believe that there are far more shared interests between China and India than the differences we have," Li said at a joint news conference.
"Without the common development of China and India, Asia won't become strong and the world won't become a better place," he said.
Prime minister Manmohan Singh said India and China had "agreed that our special representatives will meet soon to continue discussions seeking an early agreement on a framework for a fair, reasonable and mutually acceptable boundary settlement". ...
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- China accepts there are some problems with India but wants to resolve all issues peacefully
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang meets Salman Khurshid
- Kerala BJP not allying with Hindu groups BJP
- Hindu board in Malaysia files complaint over missing gold
- Gold bars missing from office of Hindu Endowment Board
- Selena Gomez Reignites Bindi Controversy With Billboard Awards Performance Spurs Protest From Hindu Group
- Study finds rise in Muslim Hindu immigrants to U.S.
- Leadership and nation building
- A tale of two Islamist parties
- A lose-lose situation indeed
- No real efforts to nab the culprits
- Good facility but poor maintenance
- Google breach may have led to sensitive data leaks
- UPDATE 1-Sprint gets waiver from Softbank permitting discussions with Dish
- Should we let wunderkinds drop out of high school
- Yahoo reboots Flickr offers 1 terabyte of storage
- How Apple sidestepped U.S. taxes The Senates version
- How Indias IT Outsourcing Leaders Can Stay on Top
- ATT to open mobile video chat for all customers
- Watertown businessmen purchase Las Vegas e-commerce firm
- Study Free computers don’t close the gap between rich and poor kids
- The 404 1272 Where Tumblr takes the cake
- Tibetans protest in Delhi hold Chinese premier responsible for self-immolations
- US senators approve 5000 visas for Tibet refugees
- In Myanmar a movement for Muslim and Buddhist tolerance
- Dalai Lama to Louisville crowd Forgive the Boston bombing suspects
- U.S. should lead century of compassion Dalai Lama tells Yum audience
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Nayar Ram named for lifetime achievement award
- Mobile towers not illegal dont affect health
- NC Congress bicker over quake relief package
- Minor gang-raped by neighbours in Delhi