A Roman Catholic prelate has developed a smart-phone application that will help let his parishioners know when and where he is available to listen to their sins. Rev. Richard Heilman's My Confessor App allows faithful to keep up digitally with when their local priest is hearing confession, the New York Daily News reported. Heilman said that he wanted people to not feel uncomfortable asking ...
Eddy Cue , an Apple senior vice president assigned with negotiating e-book contracts with major publishers in late 2009 and early 2010 before the launch of the iPad. Even though the emails were never sent, government prosecutors argue that they help establish a pattern of Apple serving as a "ringleader" in a conspiracy with the publishers to force the retail book industry to adopt ...
job applications at the software firm, even in tepid market conditions. Infosys has seen a 39.1% drop in job applications in FY13 compared with the previous year. But healthy salary raise of 8%, a 3-year 'daunting' roadmap chalked out by executive ...
Reuters © Sleiman Itani (L), co-founder and chief executive of Atheer, and Hosain Rahman, co-founder and chief executive of Jawbone, speak at the wearing computing panel during Reuters Global Technology Summit in San Francisco, June 17, 2013. REUTERS/Stephen ...
AMD has released information on its first server APU supporting its heterogeous system architecture (HSA), codenamed Berlin, and its first ARM server processor, codenamed Seattle. AMD's server division has been busy preparing both x86 and ARM based processors and it has revealed some information about chips that will appear next year. The firm's x86 quad-core Berlin processor will ...
In Spartan, David Mamet takes his signature elliptical approach to the well-worn Tom Clancy-ish spy genre, deflating it of its emphasis on straightforward plot-point-to-plot-point narrative structure and refilling it with a politically charged undercurrent thats all too timely. As with so ... ...
DreamWorks shares as much as 7pc in early trading on the Nasdaq.DreamWorks said the multi-year deal, which involves more than 300 hours of programming, is a cornerstone of a major initiative to expand its TV production and distribution.The companies did not disclose the value of the deal or the length of the contract, the biggest that Netflix has signed for original programming.Wedbush analyst ...
Apple , Yahoo disclosed late Friday some broad data about the number of requests that American law enforcement authorities had made for data about its users. From Dec. 1, 2012, to May 31, 2013, the Internet company received between 12,000 and 13,000 requests from the government, related to everything from local crimes to terrorism investigations under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. ...
(Credit: Lori Grunin/CNET) It's been a bumpy few weeks for Adobe since announcing its controversial decision to move all its "perpetual license" Creative Suite applications to a subscription-only plan ...
Web pioneer says it received more than 12,000 requests in the past six months for user information, most of which were related to criminal investigations such as fraud and ...
Solar Impulse airplane are looking at the challenge of flying around the globe but focusing on the weak spot in their cutting-edge technological effort: human ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hilton San Diego Airport/Harbor Island
The hotel is easy to locate although coming off Highway 405 South there is no indicattion that the Downtown exits ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Nearly half-a-dozen people were injured here in a clash, several trains were stopped and roads were blocked Tuesday when the BJP began a state-wide shutdown to protest what it called a betrayal by the JD-U.
Several trains were forcibly halted and national highway blocked Tuesday as the workers and leaders of the Bharatiya Janat Party (BJP) began a state-wide shutdown to protest the betrayal of ruling party Janata Dal-United (JD-U) that ended its 17-year-old alliance Sunday.
The cracks between the BJP and JD-U appeared when Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar opposed Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and the BJP's decision to make Modi its public face for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
An angry BJP is observing Tuesday as 'Vishwasghat Diwas' in the state.
Nearly half a dozen workers of BJP and JD-U workers were injured after they clashed and attacked each other with bamboo sticks and iron rods in Patna during the shutdown.
According to police officials here, JD-U spokesperson Rajeev Ranjan and three other party leaders were injured when BJP workers attacked them following the clash.
The clashes took place after the BJP workers raised slogan against Chief Minister Nitish Kumar and JD-U workers countered them by raising slogan against Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, a police official said. ...
- Escalating civil war in Syria major focus of G8 summit
- US cool over North Korea's latest talks offer
- UN chief urges global efforts for drought desertification
- Junior Indian wrestlers win 17 medals at Asian championship
- Japan moves to boost influence in Asia
- Indian army says militants may attack Hindu pilgrimage in Kashmir
- Live India did NOT compromise to end standoff with China Lt Gen Parnaik
- Young Hindus embrace their heritage at Dharma Bee
- News with a difference promised by Al Jazeera in US avatar
- Obama Talks NSA on Charlie Rose Americans Not Getting the Complete Story
- Call the Midwife Season Three to Be Directed Exclusively By Women
- Microsoft Builds Its Own iAd for Windows 8 Apps
- Yes Futurama Is Really Cancelled
- Bikers are Kings of the roads in Penang
- Combating corruption in Malaysia
- Enjoy Jakarta in Kuala Lumpur
- Man to watch in Indonesia
- Allow MPs to work without fear or favour
- Now an app that helps you confess your sins
- Steve Jobs emails make Apple e-book trial murky
- Infosys seeing surge in job applications
- Batteries hold key to wearable device revolution
- AMD reveals details of Berlin and Seattle chips
- Buddhist monks criticized in Thailand after being seen flying with luxury goods on private jet
- Buddhist monks indulging in lavish lifestyle spark nationwide outrage in Thailand
- VIDEO Monks caught using luxury items
- Thai monks warned over jet-set trip
- Monks behaving badly Buddhists warned over flashy gear
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Enter filmdom with devotion Nageswara Rao Interview
- BJP accuses Akhilesh government of being communal
- Impasse in Kerala assembly over cheating case
- Rishi Kapoor stuns Hollywood stunt directors
- `Crimes against women in Goa a perplexing problem