A submerged idol of Hindu Lord Shiva stands in the flooded River Ganges in Rishikesh, in the northern Indian state of Uttarakhand, India, Tuesday, June 18, 2013. ...
Jet's code share with Air France-KLM The pact expected to enable European airlines to sell tickets on Jet's domestic (Indian) ...
The blaze ripped through a portable building close to the Adhya Shakti Mataji Temple in Hillingdon, west London.The blaze caused major damage damage to the building but not to the temple.Officers are now appealing to the public to identify the man seen near Cowley High Street at 12.13am.Det Chief Insp Richard Turner said: "The person or people who started the fire gave no thought to the ...
PETALING JAYA: The conversion of two Hindu children to Islam in Negri Sembilan without their mother's consent is unconstitutional, the Bar Council said. Citing the Federal Constitution, ...
Nevada, June 18 : A US based Hindu group said they are upset with British actor Henry Cavill, who plays Superman in currently running superhero film "Man of Steel", for reportedly comparing 'Superman' with Hindu ...
Late Marriage (Hatuna Meuhet)
Dover Koshashvilis feature directorial debut, Late Marriage (Hatuna Meuhet), is a blistering (and often funny) critique of conservative family traditionalism intruding on the realm of romantic love. Taking place in Tel Aviv in a close-knit community of Jewish migrs from Soviet Georgia, it tells the simple story of how a family controls its adult sons life and how he is too weak to d ... ...
Dr. Subramanian Swamy asking the nation to decide whether they wanted to be a 'virat Hindu renaissance civilization' or secular 'hijdas'. Subsequently, some pointed out ...
Karnataka Chief Minister Siddaramaiah will shortly write to the Railways seeking information on the quantum of iron-ore transported between 2006 and 2010 from Bellary to the domestic ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
THE WESTIN, LOS ANGELES AIRPORT
This substantial hotel is easily accessed on Century Boulevarde. Driving in to the entrance area, the hotel main lobby greets ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Choices made by individuals affect society at a broader level, observed Ogyen Trinley Dorje, the 17th Karmapa, while stressing that interdependence was a reality and a practical way of looking at the world.
Speaking at the launch of his book "The Heart is Noble: Changing the World from the Inside Out" here Tuesday, the Karmapa said an awareness of interdependence among people, and impact on others and the planet should be a cause for increase in love and compassion.
"It can keep us aware of the impact our actions have on others and on the planet. If we connect to others and to the planet with love and affection, our responsibility to bring about change does not have to weigh heavily on us at all," he said.
He said interdependence was a reality and a "practical way of looking at our existence".
He said individual concerns such as happiness and suffering depend on happiness and suffering of others.
"Individual concerns are, in fact, shared concerns. We need to understand this. It entails sense of personal responsibility to one another. Our choices as individuals, in fact, affect society at much broader level," the Karmapa said.
Citing the growing number of vehicles in Delhi, he said though the decision to purchase a vehicle is regarded as the choice of individual consumer, its impact extends far beyond. ...
- Obama welcomes Iran's election of moderate president
- Gaddafi's son to stand trial in Libya in August
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- Facebook looking to partner with Samsung to boost mobile advertising sales
- More Russian Oil Flows to China in Shift From Europe
- Thousands of Hindu pilgrims stranded after monsoon floods kill 86 in India
- Ethnic Indian Hindu children converted in Malaysia
- CCTV released of suspect at scene of Hindu temple fire in Hillingdon
- Bar Council Coversion to Islam of two Hindu kids in Negri Sembilan unconstitutional
- Henry Cavill compares Superman with Hindu gods
- Germanys Telepool Buys VOD Group Videobuster.de
- What Youll Learn at Ad Ages 2013 Small Agency Conference
- Chevy to Return to Oscar Advertising With User-Generated Ad
- Dish Abandons Sprint Bid to Focus on Clearwire Deal
- U.K.s ITV Acquires Majority Stake in Hatfields McCoys Producer
- For Syrian Kurds camp offers wildly different fates
- China says it just wants to be friends
- Defiant Putin sets himself up as G-8 outsider
- Filipinos helped make Malaysia what she is too
- Distracted and dangerous on the road
- Samsung might make the next Facebook phone following HTC First disaster
- Google challenges PRISM gag orders
- Huawei would consider buying Nokia if it dumps Windows Phone
- Nasscom Hiring in Indian IT to fall in 2013-14
- Raising the next Bill Gates
- Google spending $7mn to fight child pornography
- Payments at hesab.az to help the project Children computers
- Privacy officials from 6 countries request details on Google Glass
- Price war between e-commerce firms reignites hotter
- Facebook experiences apparent outage
- China completes Internet phone monitoring scheme for Tibet
- Tibet accomplishes real-name registration of web phone users
- Monk distorts suicide as Tibetan self-immolation
- Plans lodged for 22m high Buddhist temple on Salisbury Highway
- Buddhist monks too flashy
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- Tharoors latest The future is now
- Tata Motors unveil eight new variants adopt new marketing strategy
- 350 families moved from flooded Haryana villages
- Yamuna to break 35-year record Wednesday