NEW DELHI - India and China Monday played down a recent border stand-off and agreed to maintain peace along their disputed boundary as well as boost economic relations. Chinese Prime Minister Li Keqiang, who decided to make India the first stop of his maiden foreign jaunt as premier, stressed that the population of the two nations comprised one third of the world. Both countries have ...
Tamil Nadu Governor K. Rosaiah administered an anti-terrorism pledge to employees at Raj Bhavan here while paying floral tributes to former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi on his 22nd death anniversary Tuesday. At the state Congress headquarters here, Tamil Nadu Congress chief B.S. Gnanadesikan and other party leaders paid floral tributes to Rajiv Gandhi. Congress members garlanded Rajiv Gandhi's ...
A dawn-to-dusk strike called by the opposition Congress Tuesday to protest the killing of three newspaper employees paralysed this capital of Left-ruled Tripura. "The strike was peaceful and no untoward incident has been reported so far," a police official told reporters. Markets, shops and business establishments, government offices, educational institutions, banks and financial institutions ...
State Labour Minister Shibu Baby John Tuesday said Kerala is almost free of child labour and that his ministry will launch an awareness campaign to educate people about the ills of child labour. "Through a massive awareness campaign, we want to ensure that no one will think of employing children. We will run the campaign using posters, a helpline and other communication methods to highlight ...
Tamil Nadu Chief Minister Jayalalithaa has reiterated that Katchatheevu, the fishing islet has to be retrieved back by India in an endeavour to provide a permanent solution to the problem of Indian fishermen. In a letter to Prime Minister Dr. Manmohan Singh today, Jayalalithaa has recalled the various instances in which fishermen were harassed for fishing near Katchatheevu, which is often ...
You Don't Mess With the Zohan
You have to give Adam Sandler some credit: He is trying new things and working to expand his particular brand of juvenile comedy, albeit not always successfully. Last summer he tried playing a hypersexualized lothario who pretends to be gay to help his best friend keep his wor ... ...
The All Hurriyat Conference called for a complete shutdown and a protest march in Kashmir on Tuesday to commemorate the death anniversary of prominent separatist leader Mirwaiz Moulvi Muhammad Farooq. Riyaz Ahmed, a local resident, said: "On this date, when Mirwaiz Molvi Farooq was assassinated. At that time he was the Chairman of the Hurriyat conference when he was killed. So, to honour him we ...
At least 24 people were killed and over 50 injured in three separate accidents in Uttar Pradesh Tuesday, police said. A bus carrying a marriage party rammed into a truck, killing 11 people and injuring 25 others. The accident occurred in Kannauj, 150 km from here. Sixteen of the injured are in a critical condition and police said the death toll may increase. The injured have been admitted to ...
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India celebrated its Annual Day in which Mr. K. Rahman Khan, Minister of Minority Affairs was the Chief Guest and Mr. M.J.Joseph, Additional Secretary,Ministry of Corporate Affairs was the Guest of Honor. Cost Accountants from across the country, other distinguished guest and luminaries attended the event which was held at Hotel Oberoi. In the inaugural ...
Actor Manoj Bajpayee, currently shooting for his upcoming movie "Saat Uchakkey" in the capital, was really impressed sharing thoughts with "talented actor" Kay Kay Menon. "It was great to share thoughts on various issues with Kay Kay Menon, the actor I really admire," tweeted the 44-year-old whose career took off after the success of the 1998 film "Satya". The movie not only won him commercial ...
US Ambassador Nancy Powell Tuesday called for greater economic opening and more foreign investments for India's higher economic growth. "The road to higher growth will require more economic opening and more foreign investment. Since GDP growth is not an end in its own right, since the ultimate goal is to raise standards of living and to eradicate poverty, opening the economy and bringing in ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Tamil Nadu Governor K. Rosaiah administered an anti-terrorism pledge to employees at Raj Bhavan here while paying floral tributes to former prime minister Rajiv Gandhi on his 22nd death anniversary Tuesday.
At the state Congress headquarters here, Tamil Nadu Congress chief B.S. Gnanadesikan and other party leaders paid floral tributes to Rajiv Gandhi.
Congress members garlanded Rajiv Gandhi's statue here and visited his memorial at Sriperumbudur, around 50 km from here.
Rajiv Gandhi was killed by a woman suicide bomber in Sriperumbudur May 21, 1991, when he arrived to address an election rally.
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- China accepts there are some problems with India but wants to resolve all issues peacefully
- Chinese Premier Li Keqiang meets Salman Khurshid
- Kerala BJP not allying with Hindu groups BJP
- Hindu board in Malaysia files complaint over missing gold
- Hindu Groups Lash Out at Selena Gomezs Bindi at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gold bars missing from office of Hindu Endowment Board
- Study finds rise in Muslim Hindu immigrants to U.S.
- Customers not as happy with iPhone as they were last year
- Uganda Police Shut Newspapers Radio Stations Over Political Controversy
- Flickrs 1TB for photos is great but how about a smart shoebox
- One of the Few in Hollywood Who Can Say ‘No’ to Harvey Weinstein
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- The best ways to national unity
- Leadership and nation building
- A tale of two Islamist parties
- A lose-lose situation indeed
- No real efforts to nab the culprits
- iGates ex-CEO denies charges of sexual harassment
- ‘Trai’s inaction cost govt dearly in 2G auction’
- Tumblr deal sparks talk on next big tech target
- Ex-execs may face off to buy MphasiS
- Why security experts want desi Facebook Twitter
- Dalai Lama to spread message to students
- Burma Muslims jailed for killing Buddhist monk
- Myanmar Buddhist monks killers jailed
- Tibetan leader of Bon religion to visit Pittsburgh
- US senators approve 5000 visas for Tibet refugees
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Tamil Nadu Congressmen pay homage to Rajiv Gandhi
- Strike against media murders cripples Agartala
- Kerala nearly free of child labour Minister
- Tamil Nadu wants Sri Lanka to return Katchatheevu