MUMBAI - Shares of Wockhardt, one of the leading Indian pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, witnessed a sharp fall of 20% to Rs. 1,315 ($23.61) on the Bombay Stock Exchange(BSE) on Thursday after the US FDA published an import alert on one of its three manufacturing facilities near Aurangabad. The import alert, 'detention without physical examination of drugs from firms which have ...
Mumbai Indians qualified for the final of the Indian Premier League (IPL) with a four-wicket win over Rajasthan Royals in the second qualifier at the Eden Gardens here Friday. Rajasthan, electing to bat, scored a fighting 165 for six. West Indian Dwayne Smith smashed 62 off 44 balls as Mumbai scored 169 for six in 19.5 ...
The clamour for Indian cricket board president Narayanswamy Srinivasan's resignation got louder after his son-in-law Gurunath Meiyappan, Chennai Super Kings chief executive, Friday was interrogated by Mumbai police in the IPL spot fixing scandal and later arrested. Chennai Super Kings, however, sought to distance itself from Meiyappan, whose name cropped up during questioning of Bollywood actor ...
Mumbai police late Friday night arrested Gurunath Meiyappan, son-in-law of Indian cricket board chief N. Srinivasan, in the IPL spot fixing scam after three hours of intense interrogation, an official said. Questioned at the office of the Crime Branch, Meiyappan was confronted with the evidence against him and arrested around midnight. His name criopped up in the scam during revelations by ...
In a setback to the previous Prem Kumar Dhumal-led BJP government in the state, the Himachal Pradesh High Court Friday quashed appointments of 480 teachers made in 2011 as these were not in accordance with law. Delivering the judgment, Justice Rajiv Sharma said the appointments of postgraduate teachers under the Postgraduate Teacher Class III (non-gazetted) Recruitment and Promotion Rules of ...
The People vs. Larry Flynt
It's unfortunate that "The People vs Larry Flynt" is so drastically misunderstood by groups like the National Organization for Women. Their constant criticisms and even taking out pages in trade magazines against the film probably cost it several deserved Academy Award nominations. It's a classic example of not being able to see the forest through the trees, or hating the messenger so much you nev ... ...
The Delhi High Court Friday quashed an FIR and summoning order against three Delhi Jal Board employees, accused of gangraping an executive working in a private company. Justice Suresh Kait allowed the plea of DJB engineers and quashed the trial court order which had summoned the officials to stand trial in the case despite a closure report filed by police which stated that they were falsely ...
Filmmaker Nikhil Adwani, who is gearing up for his film "D-Day" says Mumbai bomb blast "affected" his life and that inspired him to make this film. "It's fictional characters. We have taken events from India's history and used them as triggers. I am particularly obsessed with the fact that I was 21 when the bomb blast happened in Mumbaiit affected my life, quite a lot and I wanted to make a ...
Biscuit and bakery major BritanniaIndustries Friday registered a 65.66 percent jump in its net profit to Rs.87.85 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2013, from Rs. 53.03 crore during the same period last year. The city-based food maker's net sales during the period under review stood at Rs.1,486.63 crore compared to Rs.1,309.57 crore in the same period a year ago, it said in a filing to the ...
Keeper-willower Dishant Yagnik played a cameo as Rajasthan Royals rode on a late batting surge to post a decent 165/6 in their Indian Premier League playoff at the Eden Gardens here Friday. The Royals scored 61 runs in the last five overs including 18 of the last after opting to bat first on a slow wicket, with rains delaying the start of the game by an hour. Skipper Rahul Dravid top scored ...
Agra/Mathura May 24 (IANS) The National Green Tribunal has authorised demolition of all structures and unauthorised buildings in the flood-plains of the Yamuna river. The May 20 order cleared the way for demolition of all structures all the way from Delhi to Agra in the Yamuna's flood-plains. "If the order is implemented, thousands of buildings will be bulldozed," said environmentalist Shravan ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
One of four Sheraton Hotels in Waikiki, and one of three on the beach. Next Door is the Sheraton Royal ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Mumbai Indians qualified for the final of the Indian Premier League (IPL) with a four-wicket win over Rajasthan Royals in the second qualifier at the Eden Gardens here Friday.
Rajasthan, electing to bat, scored a fighting 165 for six. West Indian Dwayne Smith smashed 62 off 44 balls as Mumbai scored 169 for six in 19.5 overs.
- Two civilians among 13 dead in Pakistan car bomb
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Meeting of Syrian opposition leaders begins in Istanbul
- On US request Russian arms dealer held in Lithuania
- Americold Names Hogwarth as SVP of Asia-Pacific
- Gujarat Chief Minister Modi launches Ahmedabad edition of The Hindu Business Line
- Exhibition places spotlight on Hinduism
- Hindus laud UEFA for new sanctions on football racism
- Siblings continue ancestral tradition
- `No more harassment of innocent in tackling terror’
- NK provides chance that US must seize
- Civil unions open way to gay marriage
- Cast aside sledgehammer politics
- Call for bridge-building among all
- Stop the accidents on MRR2 with road humps
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- Did Microsoft stretch the truth in tablet ads
- Xbox One evolution We trace the history of the Xbox
- Friday Poll Are you celebrating Geek Pride Day
- How Xbox One opens the door for the next Apple TV
- How Xbox One opens the door for the next Apple TV
- Giving Kids Computers Doesn’t Help Them In School At All
- Curse you old person for inventing computers
- Crave giveaway Boombotix Boombot Rex portable speaker
- Cause of PC malaise Designs not compelling says Intel
- Five Thai soldiers killed in attack
- Hamid Ansari greets nation ahead of Buddha Purnima
- Buddhist monk sets himself on fire to protest against the slaughter of cattle in Sri Lanka
- As UN marks Buddhist holiday Ban says spiritual ideals can help tackle global challenges
- Researchers find unusual malware targeting Tibetan users in cyberespionage operation
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- Mumbai in IPL final beat Rajasthan by four wickets
- Pressure mounts on Srinivasan to resign Gurunath arrested
- Gurunath arrested by Mumbai police
- Himachal courts quashes appointment of 480 teachers