Hindu devotees return after taking a holy dip at Sangam as the water level of the Ganga and Yamuna rivers rises in Allahabad on June 19, 2013. Sanjay Kanojia/AFP/Getty ...
Jet's code share with Air France-KLM The pact expected to enable European airlines to sell tickets on Jet's domestic (Indian) ...
The blaze ripped through a portable building close to the Adhya Shakti Mataji Temple in Hillingdon, west London.The blaze caused major damage damage to the building but not to the temple.Officers are now appealing to the public to identify the man seen near Cowley High Street at 12.13am.Det Chief Insp Richard Turner said: "The person or people who started the fire gave no thought to the ...
Where the Heart Is [DVD]
"Where the Heart Is" is a shamelessly contrived melodrama with so many bizarre plot twists and tragic occurrences--desertion, child abuse, child kidnapping, a killer tornado, insanity, alcoholism, a character 's legs being cut off by a train--that it could conceivably rank up there with the ultimate of all high-pitched melodramas, "Kings Row" (1942), which also plays like a laundry list of terrib ... ...
On the record
Our nuclear programmes are completely transparent. But we are ready to show greater transparency and make clear for the whole world that the steps of the Islamic Republic of Iran are completely within international frameworks. The sanctions are unfair, the Iranian people are suffering, and our (nuclear) activities are legal. These sanctions are illegal and only benefit Israel.
Iran's president-elect was speaking after his historic election victory.
Hilton Baynunah Tower
The drive from Abu Dhabi International Airport was about 40 kilometres. We arrived into the city, and out along the ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Should tax havens be forced to lift their shroud of secrecy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
Delhi University (DU) received around 1.5 lakh offline admission forms while its online registration tripled compared to last year as the admission process to its four year undergraduate programme ended Wednesday.
Dean, Students Welfare, J.M Khurana said: "There has been an almost 200 percent increase in the number of online registration forms. We have received 138,605 online registration forms till June 18 and more are expected as the deadline ends Wednesday midnight."
He also highlighted that there has been almost 100 per cent increase of the students belonging to the Scheduled Caste(SC) and Scheduled Tribe(ST) seeking admission in the university.
Given the heavy rush, the varsity had given an extension of few hours for submitting the online and offline registration forms. While the deadline for the offline registration in all the 18 admission centres ended at 4 p.m., the online registration was open till Wednesday midnight.
Earlier, the admission centres distributed and received forms only up to 1 p.m.
According to Khurana, the extension came in view of the prevailing weather conditions and to help the candidates applying for the four-year undergraduate programme.
DU has introduced the four-year undergraduate programme starting this academic year under which the students will be required to study 11 foundational courses in the first two years, clubbing together students who seek vocational education with those pursuing pure academic disciplines. ...
- Obama welcomes Iran's election of moderate president
- Gaddafi's son to stand trial in Libya in August
- Leaders of G8 call for peace in Syria and pledge humanitarian aid
- US women in all combat units by 2016 Pentagon
- Facebook looking to partner with Samsung to boost mobile advertising sales
- Thousands of Hindu pilgrims stranded after floods kill 102 in Northern India
- Ethnic Indian Hindu children converted in Malaysia
- CCTV released of suspect at scene of Hindu temple fire in Hillingdon
- Chen misread Washington politics
- For Syrian Kurds camp offers wildly different fates
- China says it just wants to be friends
- Defiant Putin sets himself up as G-8 outsider
- Filipinos helped make Malaysia what she is too
- Bits Blog General Electric Adds to Its ‘Industrial Internet’
- The judge in the Apple e-book antitrust case loves her iPad
- Lytro releases new iPhone app for its revolutionary camera
- 3D-printing giant bugs out of titanium... for science
- Lytro unlocks Wi-Fi for shoot-and-share iOS app
- Buddhist monks arrested over Thai child sex abuse claims
- All Tibetan phone online users register real names
- Buddhist Monks in Flashy Aviators and Lois Vuitton Bags Over 300 Reprimanded
- Trade unions ranks swell in Tibet
- Real names required for web phone users in Tibet
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Ex-Im Bank loan guarantee to Air India upheld by US appeals court
- DU gets around 1.5 lakh paper forms online registration triples
- Tamil Nadu to upgrade power transmission with Japanese aid
- Sonia surveys flood-hit Uttarakhand seeks quick relief for victims
- Bhaag Milkha Bhaag not a sports film Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra