NEW YORK - Yahoo promised "not to screw it up" as it formally announced its acquisition of the popular Tumblr blogging platform for $1.1bn in cash, giving the company a much-needed base in social media to reach a younger generation of users. The relaxed wording of the memo for one of the internet giant's biggest acquisitions was echoed in the memo sent by David Karp, Tumblr's 26-year-old ...
WASHINGTON/ DUBLIN - Actavis Inc, the largest US generic drug maker by market value, is acquiring Dublin-based Warner Chilcott in a deal worth $8.5billion (5.6billion pounds) including $3billion net debt, to create the third-biggest specialty pharmaceutical company in the country. Under the deal, Actavis, which itself has been the subject of bid speculation, would be offering $5billion in ...
GENEVA - Canadian aeroplane maker Bombardier has expanded its leading Challenger family of business jets with the launch of the new Challenger 350 aircraft in collaboration with global leader in private aviation, US firm NetJets. The launch on Monday was held at a special event here at the European Business Aviation Conference and Exhibition (EBACE). Bombardier said deliveries of the ...
JOHANNESBURG - The National Energy Regulator of South Africa (Nersa) has granted power producer Eskom a licence for its Sere wind farm in the Western Cape, paving the way for the company to start construction of its $254.3 million (R2.4-billion) project. Sere is the Nama word for "cool breeze". The wind farm project is scheduled to become fully commercially operational by the end of ...
MUMBAI - The UK based Standard Chartered (StanChart) Monday announced plans to acquire the Indian private wealth management business of US multinational financial services firm Morgan Stanley for an undisclosed amount as part of plans to expand operations. The acquisition is subject to regulatory approvals. "Standard Chartered India has agreed to acquire Morgan Stanley's onshore private ...
You Don't Mess With the Zohan
You have to give Adam Sandler some credit: He is trying new things and working to expand his particular brand of juvenile comedy, albeit not always successfully. Last summer he tried playing a hypersexualized lothario who pretends to be gay to help his best friend keep his wor ... ...
Work began on Monday on the development of a man-made island in Dubai, 500 metres directly opposite the Jumeirah Beach Residence complex. To be known as Bluewaters Island, the new development will house five star hotels and resorts, al fresco dining and entertainment zones, and residential apartments and villas. The focal point of the island city, which will cost $1.6 billion, will be a 688 ...
Best Buy Co. is reporting a loss in its fiscal first quarter as it sold its stake in Best Buy Europe and works on a turnaround plan that includes cutting costs and closing some stores. The electronics retailer says net loss for the three months ended May 4 after paying preferred dividends totaled $81 million, or 24 cents per share. That compares with net income of $158 million, or 46 cents per ...
Assault on Wall Street glorifies the revenge killing of Wall Street big wigs by a seemingly decent man who lost everything, including his wife, due to the manipulation and fraud of those he gunned down. Combat veteran and armored car driver, Jim Baxford reaches a hefty body for this sort of thing. He's got nothing on the last three presidents of the United States who bear ...
A previous headline for this story stated that the FTSE 100 was heading for a 12-month high, although the index is on track for a 12-year high. The story has been ...
Inflation falls in April 2013. There is still a gap between what individuals are earning and the price of goods and services they are purchasing; it is just that this gap is getting smaller. Photograph: Dominic ...
On the record
Nothing will ever completely replace playing the game I love, however I feel like I'm starting a new adventure and I'm genuinely excited about what lies ahead. I'm fortunate to have been given many opportunities throughout my career and now I feel it's my time to give back.
The world's best known footballer was speaking after formally announcing his retirement.
Loews Santa Monica Beach Hotel
One of a cluster of oceanside and oceanfront deluxe hotels on the beach at Santa Monica, Loews is one of ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
Do you take the threat of North Korea seriously?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
India-China relations are truly good neighbourly and are based on a high degree of trust and understanding with a strong intersection of common interests, President Pranab Mukherjee said Tuesday when Chinese premier Li Keqiang met him at the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
"Our vision for India-China relations is of a truly good neighbourly relationship that is based on a high degree of trust and understanding with a strong intersection of common interests," the president said.
He said the two countries should be sensitive to each other's concerns and there was need to build trust as well as expand shared interests.
The president also said that the trans-border rivers should unite rather than divide the two people.
Li warmly reciprocated the president's words and assured him that China sees India as a strategic partner and believes there is great potential for improved bilateral relations.
China would do nothing to harm India's interests, a Rashtrapati Bhavan statement quoted Li as saying.
- Ignoring warnings North Korea continues to fire projectiles
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Former Pakistani military dictator Musharraf granted bail
- China accepts there are some problems with India but wants to resolve all issues peacefully
- Oil price falls toward $96 per barrel
- Kerala BJP not allying with Hindu groups BJP
- Hindu board in Malaysia files complaint over missing gold
- Hindu Groups Lash Out at Selena Gomezs Bindi at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- Gold bars missing from office of Hindu Endowment Board
- Study finds rise in Muslim Hindu immigrants to U.S.
- Customers not as happy with iPhone as they were last year
- Uganda Police Shut Newspapers Radio Stations Over Political Controversy
- Flickrs 1TB for photos is great but how about a smart shoebox
- One of the Few in Hollywood Who Can Say ‘No’ to Harvey Weinstein
- The New York Times Reinvents the Boring Banner Ad
- The best ways to national unity
- Leadership and nation building
- A tale of two Islamist parties
- A lose-lose situation indeed
- No real efforts to nab the culprits
- Consumer Reports names Samsungs Galaxy S4 the worlds best smartphone
- Syrian Electronic Army hacks the Telegraphs Twitter accounts
- Ubisoft releases Splinter Cell Blacklist cooperative play trailer
- Amazon Google and Apple wont need to pay tax despite government threats
- The next Xbox What to expect from the 720
- Seven Muslims Charged for Killing Buddhist Monk in Burma
- Dalai Lama to spread message to students
- Burma Muslims jailed for killing Buddhist monk
- Myanmar Buddhist monks killers jailed
- Tibetan leader of Bon religion to visit Pittsburgh
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- India and China agree to boost trade and paper over border differences
- Zaalim Dilli brings Honey Singh on the big screen
- Cops question cricket bookie in Chennai
- Try tangy flavour to stay fresh
- Vindu Dara Singh nabbed for IPL scam links