Google's executive chairman Eric Schmidt and director of Google Ideas Jared Cohen have warned London School of Economics students against censorship on the internet and the dangers that 'digital ethnic cleansing' pose. Sky News quoted Schmidt, as saying that people will omit data if they want to restrict communication and information. He, however, agreed that any piece of information cannot be ...
HP has unveiled the Envy Rove20 all-in-one (AIO) PC, an Intel Haswell powered mobile computer that is aimed at liberating the traditional desktop PC from the desktop. HP said the Envy Rove20 gives users more flexibility and allows them to "enjoy a shared environment" around the home via its 20in multi-touch display that has in-plane switching (IPS) technology and 1600x900 resolution. ...
a report issued this week by Placed , a Seattle-based company that aims to bring Internet-like marketing analytics to the offline world. That seems like a surprising number. It's hard to know for sure how accurate it is, or how effectively such reports might sell companies on Placed's services, though they do help the company ...
WordPress.com parent companyraises $50 million. FORTUNE -- WordPress.com parent company Automattic today announced a $50 million investment from Tiger Global, in a secondary deal that will provide liquidity to early company shareholders. The San Francisco-based company declined to discuss valuation, but a source familiar with the situation says that Tiger valuedAutomattic "just ...
LONDON (Reuters) - Broadcaster ITV on Friday became the latest media outlet to have one of its Twitter feeds hacked by anonymous supporters of Syria's President Bashar al-Assad, just days after Twitter beefed up security to prevent ...
The Kids Are All Right
Lisa Cholodenkos The Kids Are All Right is a conventional dramedy about an unconventional family. Annette Bening and Julianne Moore star as Nic and Jules, a long-term lesbian couple with a pair of teenage children, 18-year-old Joni (Mia Wasikowska) and 15-year-old L ... ...
(Credit: Screenshot by Lance Whitney/CNET) Those you eyeing an iPad Mini or fourth-generation iPad can now save a bit more money on refurbished models courtesy of Apple. As of Friday, Apple is offering 15 to 17 percent discounts on all flavors of refurbished units of ...
) Amusing Amazon reviews are an art form. They are delicate flowers of funny that need to be carefully nurtured in order to strike the right balance between absurdity, plausibility, and humor. George Takei, known at Mr. Sulu on "Star Trek" and Mr. Internet anywhere social media resides, has the magic formula down. Only slight sleuthing is needed to determine that the ...
Paul Adams/Facebook ) Paul Adams, Facebook's global head of brand design, announced Friday that he has left the social network to join startup Intercom, which makes a social customer relationship management ...
Digg's long-awaited Google Reader alternative finally has a name. The new platform will be known as Digg Reader, said CEO Andrew McLaughlin while speaking at Internet Week New York earlier this week. Rather than act as a separate app, the program will be incorporated into Digg. "Users will have one download, which is Digg, and the current Digg will have added onto it reader ...
(Credit: Blake Stevenson) Low Latency is a weekly comic on CNET's Crave blog written by CNET editor and podcast host Jeff Bakalar and illustrated by Blake Stevenson. Be sure to check Crave every Friday at 8 a.m. PT for new panels! Want more? ...
On the record
We must define the nature and scope of this struggle, or else it will define us. Neither I, nor any President can promise the total defeat of terror. What we must do is dismantle networks that pose a direct danger.
The U.S. president was speaking on his administration's counter terrorism policy.
One of four Sheraton Hotels in Waikiki, and one of three on the beach. Next Door is the Sheraton Royal ...Keep reading
Record Your Vote
The Boy Scouts of America National Council has resolved to accept gay members. Do you agree with this policy?
India GazetteIndia Gazette – National News Bureau
Newspapers the world over strive to provide readers with the ultimate news coverage.
The India Gazette is no exception.
As an online news service we have advantages over traditional newspapers in that stories can be added and updated 24 hours day.
Our objective is to provide the most comprehensive Indian news available, from our resources, contracted wire services and an inventory of some thousands of sources comprising newspapers, cable and TV networks, radio stations, public broadcasters, NGOs and others, Indian news is a priority.
National news comes first. We do however strive to provide a complete news services for our readers. World news headlines top several of our pages, we also provide news on what's happening in business, and in the financial markets.
Whether it's the latest Nikkei 225 reading in Tokyo, the sterling exchange rate in London, or the status of the Nasdaq in New York, whether it's local India news, the weather forecast for India you'll find it all in the India Gazette.
From Mumbai to Delhi, the India Gazette should be your number one choice for breaking news - local, regional, and national.
In a setback to the previous Prem Kumar Dhumal-led BJP government in the state, the Himachal Pradesh High Court Friday quashed appointments of 480 teachers made in 2011 as these were not in accordance with law.
Delivering the judgment, Justice Rajiv Sharma said the appointments of postgraduate teachers under the Postgraduate Teacher Class III (non-gazetted) Recruitment and Promotion Rules of 2011, which have not been published, are illegal.
Higher Education director Dinkar Burathoki informed the court that 220 posts were filled by way of direct recruitment and the remaining through promotion after the notification of the Himachal Pradesh Higher Education Class III (nongazetted) Recruitment and Promotion Rules of 2011.
Justice Sharma has directed the state to issue notices to all the teachers appointed for terminating their services within four weeks from the day of judgment.
- Two civilians among 13 dead in Pakistan car bomb
- Kerry holds talks with Israeli and Palestinian officials
- Meeting of Syrian opposition leaders begins in Istanbul
- On US request Russian arms dealer held in Lithuania
- NKorean envoy delivers letter to Chinas president
- Gujarat Chief Minister Modi launches Ahmedabad edition of The Hindu Business Line
- Kerala district Congress condemns Hindu leaders
- Hindus laud UEFA for new sanctions on football racism
- Siblings continue ancestral tradition
- `No more harassment of innocent in tackling terror’
- NK provides chance that US must seize
- Civil unions open way to gay marriage
- Cast aside sledgehammer politics
- Call for bridge-building among all
- Stop the accidents on MRR2 with road humps
- Google boss warns students against censorship of net and digital ethnic cleansing
- HP unveils Intel Haswell powered all in one mobile PC the Envy Rove20
- Web-like analytics are coming to brick-and-mortar stores
- Automattic nears Tumblr valuation
- ITV News Twitter account hacked by Syrian Electronic Army
- Giving Kids Computers Doesn’t Help Them In School At All
- Curse you old person for inventing computers
- Crave giveaway Boombotix Boombot Rex portable speaker
- Cause of PC malaise Designs not compelling says Intel
- In risky new tack Microsoft stacks Surface against iPad
- Five Thai soldiers killed in attack
- Hamid Ansari greets nation ahead of Buddha Purnima
- As UN marks Buddhist holiday Ban says spiritual ideals can help tackle global challenges
- Researchers find unusual malware targeting Tibetan users in cyberespionage operation
- Buddhist monk in Sri Lanka sets self on fire to protest cattle slaughter seriously injured
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Get the latest India Gazette headlines delivered to your inbox.
- Wockhardt shares plunge 20 pc on USFDA import alert
- Demolish all structures in Yamuna flood-plains Tribunal
- India US in talks to prepare for PM visit
- Haryana man gets 10 years jail for raping university student
- NCP talks in two voices on BCCI chiefs resignation